Spanish, late 17th century
DEVOTIONAL PENDANT WITH SAINT CATHERINE AND A BISHOP SAINT, POSSIBLY SAINT AUGUSTINE OF HIPPO
partially enamelled gold, set with reverse painted glass on both sides
55 by 50mm
A pendant from the same workshop was exhibited in The art of jewelry 1450-1650, The Martin D'Arcy Gallery of Art, Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, 1975, p. 69, no. 52.
A pendant with a miniature of Saint Catherine taken from the same source was sold as part of the Melvin Gutman collection (part IV) on 3 April 1970, lot 36.
|Other available images|